Please follow and like us:
Hibiscus tree is a very beautiful shrub that grows in various tropical areas. Today it is often cultivated as an ornamental plant. It can often be found in Egypt, in Thailand, in Ceylon and Java, as well as in Sudan and China. This evergreen deciduous plant has a bare stalk. The next leaves are located on the petioles. Elegant flowers are quite large. Flowers can have a variety of color and shape, depending on the type of Hibiscus tree, which there are about three hundred. This tree or tree-like shrub in nature grows up to 5 meters, but at home it reaches a maximum of 1.5 meters. Today, low plants are also popular – hybrids of hibiscus. Glossy leaves have an oval shape, jagged along the edge. Shades of colors can be very different: from light pink or yellowish-white to fiery red or purple-violet. In simple hibiscus varieties, flowers are like mallow flowers. In its natural form, the flowering period is winter, in culture it can bloom almost a year. The birthplace of the Chinese rose is southern China and northern India. Here it is bred everywhere, but in the wild it no longer occurs. Hibiscus in Russia is known as a very popular houseplant.
The life span of Hibiscus tree is at least 20 years. It is perfectly moldable. To increase the branchedness of the bush, at the end of winter all the stems should be cut off. Under favorable conditions and with proper care, the plant will reach three meters in height. Since the earliest times, useful medicinal properties of hibiscus have been discovered. It is used for the effective treatment of not only various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, but also is used for hemorrhoids, dysentery and acute inflammation of the skin.
Useful properties and application of hibiscus tree
• Little is known that such a popular and loved indoor plant has a wide range of useful properties. It has long been used in the treatment of skin inflammations, gastrointestinal diseases, hemorrhoids, dysentery.
• The composition of leaves and flowers of the Chinese rose includes flavonoids, which improve the process of metabolism and cleanse the body of harmful and unnecessary products. Hibiscus also has antihelminthic properties; it helps to cleanse the body of helminthic invasions. The use of leaves and flowers of the plant for medicinal purposes protects the liver from harmful effects, improves metabolism, and stimulates the production of bile.
• Flowers of hibiscus are widely used in folk medicine. They possess anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, blood-styling, choleretic and diuretic actions.
• Hibiscus flowers contain ascorbic, malic, citric acids, which give them an acidic but pleasant taste. The absence of oxalic acid in flowers, allows them to be used by people with kidney disease, since it excludes the formation of stones in them.
• The content of polysaccharides and ascorbic acid in large amounts improves the functioning of the immune system, increases the protective function of the body, its resistance to viruses and bacteria.
• Grated fresh hibiscus flowers are applied to abscesses, boils, long unhealed wounds, swelling in mumps and tumors of malignant origin. This remedy is also effective in treating youthful acne.
• Soaked flowers in the form of lotions used to treat skin inflammation and wetting ekzi.
• Psychologists are often advised to have hibiscus at home as a houseplant. This is based on the fact that in the presence of this flower, the emotional climate in the family is improving. From a more scientific point of view, hibiscus is able to efficiently clean and update the air in the room, thanks to the phytoncids contained in it
Contraindications for use
• Phytopreparations consisting of hibiscus flowers can cause allergic reactions in some people. At any deterioration of the general state of health, you should immediately contact an allergist.
• The plant cannot be consumed categorically for people who have an increased acidity in the stomach. With gastritis and ulcers from hibiscus, it is also better to give up.
• In some cases, there may be increased sensitivity or intolerance to this herbal preparation